Does Safety Eyewear Affect Your Eyesight?
There is a myth about safety eyewear that can hurt vision.
Can you agree with this false myth?
Of course, not because a thing that protects your peepers how could be harmful to your vision. Due to this myth, many workers are nervous that it could be healthy for eyes if they see a plastic lens for the whole day.
Although it could be a valid concern for all workers. But anyhow if we go with a short answer, it will be no. But detailed knowledge is essential. Be relax because safety glasses cannot hurt your eyesight at any cost.
But it could possible that you might face little eye fatigue and headache by wearing them for the whole day. Chances are rare that you could get such experience of discomfort and headache.
Eye tiredness can occur when the eyes muscles become tired because of the high use of eyewear. But this can happen with the other body parts when you put them in overuse or vigorous exercise.
Symptoms of Eye Fatigue and Eye Strain:
It would not be surprising that eye fatigue and eye strain can be the cause of eyewear quality. If you prefer low-quality safety eyewear, you will get such results by wearing them for long hours.
But it doesn’t affect your vision permanently. If you feel continuously this discomfort and eye fatigue, stop wearing them and consult your eye care doctor.
Give a break from work and think about your eyes because they have an alternative way to change them. Besides, extreme conditions of eye fatigue and eye strain lead to impaired eyesight. But eye strain has some warning signs, and if you feel one of them permanently, you should consider it seriously.
- Watery or dry eyes
- Sensitivity because of light
- Trouble in focusing
- Distress in eyes
- Headache or pain behind eyes
- Blur vision
The Reason Behind the Eye Fatigue Because of Safety Eyewear:
- Wrong Fitting: There is a common mistake that most safety departments do because they buy one piece of eyewear. They consider it that one size will fit on every head, but it is wrong because that thing creates discomfort.
- Scratch Lenses: Scratch lenses is another sign that his role in creating eye fatigue. If you wear scratched lenses for a long time while working, it will affect your vision. So, make sure before wearing that your safety eyewear is free from any scratches.
- False Tint: There are varieties of lens tints, and every tint has a certain function. For example, you are working in an area where there is a lot of glare, it will fatigue your eyes. A proper tint is essential with proper fitting as well. So, you need to certain lens shade according to your work setting.
- Optical Clarity: It could be possible that polycarbonate lenses could not work effectively because of cheap manufacturing. So, they will some distortion in cloudy weather. Therefore, you must be alert if you find some optical clarity issues with your eyewear.
How can You Avoid Eye Fatigue?
- Get Trial Before the Final Decision: Before finalizing your safety glasses, you must take a trial either you are comfortable or not. There is a lot of different style and designs of eyewear that you have to choose one with which you are comfortable.
- Brand Awareness: You must know that which brand produces perfect material eyewear and which one is suitable for you.
Well, from above all discussion, you will agree that safety glasses cannot hurt your vision. Eyes' discomfort can occur because of the wrong size and low-quality product.
It means you need to focus on quality rather than saving because it is the matter of your eyes that are very delicate organs of the body.